The GB women’s team will play Belgium in two friendly matches on 18 and 19 March in Antwerp. The games follow the visit by Belgium to Edinburgh in November last year, when the visitors won both encounter.
Head coach Thomas Brønd has selected a team that includes four 2012 Olympians, but also many young players as the team looks to build for the future.
Brønd commented “These matches are about building experience for this young squad. The Belgians will push us hard, but we know that we can challenge them. We only lost one of our recent home games 31-35 against them so there are plenty of positives to build on”.
GB women’s squad for Belgium:
- Holly Lam-Moores – NEM Hawks HC
- Zoe Van Der Weel – Aker TopHandball (Norway)
- Kathryn Fudge – LC Bruhl (Switzerland)
- Annaleigh Knott – Olympia
- Emily Maddison – NEM Hawks HC
- Lydia Edgar – SK Aarhus (Denmark)
- Nina Heglund – Skrim Kongsberg (Norway)
- Laura Black – Peninsula HC
- Sarah Clelland - Tryst HC
- Georgina Gowland – Cognac HC (France)
- Anna Furhmann - ESV 1927 Regensburg (Germany)
- Maria Kourdoulos – Club Sports Madeira (Portugal)
- Gabbi Howarth – Peninsula HC
- Rachel McArthur - Tryst HC
- Amanda Blochel - RP IF Linkoping (Sweden)
- Siena Acciaroli - West Lothian HC
Photo credit: Nigel Farrow