British Handball is issuing the following guidance regarding the Coronavirus based on current government advice. This guidance may change as the situation evolves.
·There is presently no rationale to cancel training camps within the UK. However, this may change depending on developments.
· Players, coaches and other British Handball staff should be mindful of guidance on infection control in the workplace
· GB and club coaches should take sensible steps to discourage players, coaches and support staff with flu-like symptoms from attending training sessions. For more guidance please click here
· For GB teams travelling to training camps overseas Foreign Office’s travel advice should be followed, and travellers should note that apart from the countries and territories named in that advice, the government is not presently advising against travel to anywhere else. Please click here for the Foreign Office advice
· However team managers and staff should be mindful that overseas federations or clubs hosting GB teams may be advised by local authorities to cancel events as a precautionary step, even though the Foreign Office does not advise against travel to that country. Teams should stay in regular contact with any future hosts.
· Hand hygiene should be strongly promoted and encouraged and equipment and facilities should be thoroughly cleaned and wiped down as usual following use.
·There is presently no reason people should stop doing their daily sport and physical activities as they normally would.